Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Quick Review Before I Go

Just a quick note to say that I'm going to be out of town next week, so entries will be unlikely at best. In the meanwhile, I'll just mention that 'Making Money' is another very nice Terry Pratchett book; I'm sure some people have gotten bored with his long-view, historical approach to the books (he's essentially become more interested in showing the development of Ankh-Morpork as a city, using the books as a vehicle.) Me, I think it's great. I love reading pop history books, and getting a pop history book that's also a Terry Pratchett novel is the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

magidin said...

Personally, I think the "long view" approach helps his books hold together better. Some of the earlier ones felt like rushing through a slapstick routine (nothing wrong with that every once in a while, but I doubt it could have been sustained this long)...I'm liking them a lot these days.