Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Two Words You Least Want To See Together

So today at work I spotted a check from the "Creative Dental Association". Is it just me, or does that sound more than a little scary and painful? I can just imagine what their meetings are like.

"OK, OK, work with me on this one, here. 'Dentistry while skydiving!'"

"I like it, it sings! But I was thinking something more snappy, something with less equipment."

"That fits perfectly in with my 'Clothing-Optional Dentistry' idea!"

"But what about cities with restrictive decency laws? No, I'm afraid we'll have to file that one with your 'Chimpanzee Dentistry' idea for now, at least until PETA gets off our back."

"Alright, alright. But getting back to my 'Dentistry-Mobile', I was thinking we could follow the ice-cream truck around neighborhoods, offer to do quick cleanings, maybe check for toothaches..."

"That's got real potential! Let's talk to our Head of Vehicular Dentistry Concepts, see what he has to say."

"Not much, I'm afraid. He was testing the 'Waterskiing Dentistry' idea we had last week, and his jaw's still going to be wired shut for a while."

No comments: