Saturday, September 24, 2005

Great Bad Movie Lines, #2

From 'A Nightmare on Elm Street, Part 5: The Dream Child':

"They say she hung herself...but they never found the body."

What exactly did they find, then? A note, a rope, and an overturned stool? This isn't like throwing yourself into the river, people. You hang yourself, and you're pretty much guaranteeing that people will find the body.

Of course, what happened was that someone wanted to bring in the idea that Freddy murdered his mother, but was hampered by previous films' continuity. So they came up with this line to retcon it...but the noble attempt failed, leaving the horror community a richer, and sillier place.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Tragically, my first thought on reading the line was "hanged! They say she hanged herself..."

John Seavey said...

Sorry, but errors in grammar are a whole different category. :)

Nicki said...

I say we hang all people who totally miss the point and point out grammatical errors instead. I hate that.

Mags said...

oh, I got it, freak magnet. I just got it after my auto-grammacorrectometer kicked in.